The Benefits of Tea - Red, Green, Yellow, Black, White
THE BENEFITS OF DRINKING TEA
Benefits of Rooibos - "Red" Tea - Honeybush - Herbal
- The benefits of red tea are enormous! Red Tea contains magnesium - necessary for a healthy nervous system.
- Red Tea increases iron absorption in the body.
- Red Tea contains potassium,copper minerals
- Red Tea is often prescribed for mild depression,nervous tension - a relaxing sedative.
- Red Tea contains no oxalic acid - enjoyed by people with kidney stones.
- Red Tea is an appetite suppressant.
- Red Tea - great thirst-quencher, college aid for studying!
- Red Tea - full of Vitamin C Red Tea - No Caffeine
- Benefits of GREEN Tea - rich in catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG).
- EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant.
- Green Tea - University of Purdue researchers recently concluded that a compound in green inhibits the growth of cancer cells.
- Green Tea - lowers total cholesterol levels, improves ratio of good (HDL) cholesterol to bad (LDL) cholesterol.
- Green Tea - in 1994 the Journal of the National Cancer Institute published results of an epidemiological study indicating that drinking green tea reduced the risk of esophageal cancer in Chinese men & women by nearly 60%!
- Green Tea - may help the following conditions: * cancer * rheumatoid arthritis * high cholesterol levels * cardiovascular disease * infection *impaired immune function Green Tea - even helps dieters!
- Green Tea - Green tea leaves are steamed, which prevents EGCG compound from oxidization.
- Green Tea - helps prevent tooth decay.
- Green Tea - has important antioxidants & compounds that help maintain good health.
- Green Tea - helps stave off dementia.
- Green Tea - can reduce risk of cardiovascular disease,cancer,& beneficially impact bone density
- Green Tea - contains carotenoids, tocopherols, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), minerals such as chromium, manganese, selenium or zinc, & certain phytochemical compounds.
- Green Tea - increases fat oxidation during moderately intensive exercise; may improve insulin sensitivity Green Tea - is great iced!!!
- Try our Komodo Dragon Tea-> with pineapple/papaya/cinnamon!or any one of our BrainBrews™ are great iced too!
BLACK TEA BENEFITS
- Black Tea - helps prevent viruses.
- Black Tea - antioxidants cuts the risk of cancer
- Black Tea - aids in weight loss
- Black Tea - helps lower total cholesterol levels;helps raise HDL cholesterol - good cholesterol.
- Black Tea - contain theaflavins & thearubigens
- Black Tea - contains anitoxidants that protect us from disease by binding harmful oxygen-containing molecules in your body called free radicals & peroxides that otherwise could damage your DNA, cell membranes, & other cell components.
- Black Tea - A study in the Netherlands found a connection between regular consumption of black tea & reduced risk of stroke
- Black Tea - in the U. S., a 4 month study concluded that health benefits of black tea include helping to reverse an abnormal functioning of the blood vessels that can contribute to stroke or heart attack. This improvement could be observed within two hours of drinking just one cup of black tea.
- Black Tea- Like EGCG, Theaflavins & Thearubigins compounds found in black teas penetrate the blood brain barrier, & have been shown to be effective against dementia in aging as well as AIDS related dementia plaques in vitro.
- Black Tea - One recent study showed black tea helps blood vessel functionality by 50%.
- Black Tea - is my very favorite comfort tea for making me feel better! Try:Elijahs Leafy Cassis, Donna's Headache Tea, The Canterbury,or any of my chais!
WHITE TEA BENEFITS
made from immature tea leaves. the name comes from the silver fuzz that still covers the buds, which turns WHITE when the tea is dried.
- White Tea - white tea contains more polyphenols, the powerful anti-oxidant that fights and kills cancer-causing cells, than any other type of tea.
- White Tea - A 2004 study at Pace University concluded that white tea helps body's immune system fight off viruses, dangerous infection-causing bacteria. The same study concluded that fluoride-rich white tea helps prevent the growth of dental plaque, the chief cause of tooth decay.
- White Tea - important to use fresh water and 170 degree temp water. boiling water kills the nutrients. Steep about 5 minutes.
- We now have around 900+ different blends of ALL these teas. Blended of course by hand and with organic, or certified organic, and lots of fair trade, and some kosher ingredients, or wild crafted. sooo...
- try our Cozy RED Cinnamon Chocolate or Figgy Vanilla GREEN or Amazing Grace (WHITE) or our #1 seller The Canterbury Tea-> Black or in fact any of our Signature Canterbury Line- Canterbury GREEN, Canterbury Red, Canterbury Blood Orange, Canterbury Strawberry Chocolate Mint, Canterbury OOlong, Canterbury BrainBrew™, or Canterbury Almond, Canterbury Peach, The Canterbury Christmas
Herbal Tea BENEFITS
hibiscus tea is rich in Vitamin C
hibiscus tea is great served hot or cold
helps lower high blood pressure
helps lower high cholesterol
good nite time cuppa!
- Other Herbals: we have many herbals containing no tea leaves...some specific for certain ailments. you can always call us for a request!
FEVERFEW I have always used this as an anti inflammatory for my daughter's periods...but will help even with swollen joints, arthritis.
FLU BUSTER contains lemongrass, lemon verbena, white willow bark, elderberries....lots of good strong immune boosting herbs!
KOLD KRUSHER is anti bacterial
Come to a Tea Education Class and learn more about teas!
Did you know?
"Many tea bags have been treated with epichlorohydrin, a plastic that helps to keep the tea bags from breaking. Unfortunately, the heat of a hot cup of tea can dissolve that epichlorohydrin into your tea, resulting in, you guessed it, and increased risk of cancer over time.
Try to look for tea bags that are made from hemp materials, or you could invest in a tea infuser and get bagless tea, and avoid the problem altogether!"
*The information provided here is not intended to cure, diagnose or treat
medical conditions, nor is it a substitute for medical advice.
"These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."